While you may not have seen Arshia around town, you've certainly seen her beautiful photos of some of the best Little Rock has to offer.
1. Name, occupation, years in LR, neighborhood: Arshia Khan, photographer at Arkansas Life Magazine and have lived in downtown Little Rock for about three years now.
2. Finish this sentence: I love my job because...So many reasons! The potential for creative growth is limitless in photography. I’m given the opportunity to apply my aesthetic vision and create art, every day! It’s also pretty nice to be surrounded by inspiring people, whether it’s the talented editorial team at Arkansas Life Magazine or the new faces I photograph. It’s a dream.
3. What is, hands down, your favorite meal you can only get in Little Rock? Such a good question. I’d say that my answer to this query changes regularly, but the salmon green curry at kBird is pretty delightful. As a bonus, it’s a gorgeous dish and photographs beautifully.
4. It's your day off -- what are you up to? I enjoy making a big cup of tea in the morning and spend the first few moments of the day reading or sitting in the sun. I love spending time outside, so often I’ll go for a hike or go on a stroll with my sweetheart. Sometimes I’ll take the day to experiment with different photographic formats — like shooting a large format camera or playing with polaroids. It’s always fun to play and develop your talents.
5. Where do you make sure to take out-of-town guests? I recently took a few friends to Boulevard Bistro and had a grand time. The dinner and conversation lingered long after we finished the meal, because the ambience in that space is so cozy. I can't imagine a better way to spend an evening.