They say you can never go home again, but Denise Ennett can't think of anywhere else she'd rather be.
1. Name, occupation, years in LR, neighborhood: Denise Ennett, wife, mother of three, domestic engineer, and neighborhood and parent advocate. Born and raised in Little Rock my family resides in the Pettaway neighborhood.
2. What do you love most about downtown? I love raising my family in my childhood home also known as the Gustave B. Kleinschmidt House, which was appointed to the National Register of Historic Places earlier this year. Growing up in this neighborhood in the eighties; I have seen the devastating aftermath of 1-630. The Pettaway neighborhood was left in despair for decades. Now, my neighborhood is witnessing a resurgence thanks to SoMa (Southside Main Street) and new construction.
3. Who is the most interesting person you’ve met in LR? Cherise Coates
4. What is your must-do when you have out of town guests? I always make sure everyone visits the historic landmarks such as; my alma mater, Little Rock Central High, Governor's Mansion, Arkansas State Capital, Mosaic Templars Cultural Center, and the River Market to name a few.
5. What is Little Rock's best kept secret? First, living Downtown is pretty swell. Second, the different historic structures and historic neighborhoods that are interspersed throughout Little Rock. Third, I think Little Rock has the friendliest people on earth.