Public relations mainstay Natalie Ghidotti is probably behind a lot of the things you see and do in Little Rock.
1. Name, occupation, years in LR, neighborhood: Natalie Ghidotti; President/CEO of Ghidotti Communications, Public Relations/Marketing; I have lived in Little Rock since 1999. I grew up in Benton and moved to Fort Worth for college at TCU and came back to The Rock in 1999 for a job with Arkansas Business Publishing Group. I found my place in the world, married my awesome hubby, and I'm here to stay! We live in Foxcroft with my 8-year-old son and 5-year-old daughter.
2. Finish this sentence: My job is awesome because...it's something different every day and is never dull! I went out on my own 7 years ago and haven't looked back. I have been blessed to work with some of the most recognized brands in the state, and it's truly been an honor to be a part of their successes. Ghidotti Communications is now four PR practitioners strong, and we're continuing to grow. We have built an amazing strategic partnership with Eric Rob & Isaac [check out those non-knuckleheads], and together, our two firms have built deep client relationships in a variety of industries. We are serious about public relations and creating business results for our clients, but we also like to have fun and work hard every day to do just that!
3. What is, hands down, your favorite meal you can only get in Little Rock? Oh, wow. This is hard to narrow down to just one, so I'll put together the perfect meal progressive-style: Fruit punch at Mexico Chiquito, original cheese dip at Browning's in the Heights, the massive fish-bowl margarita at Senior Tequila, margarita chicken fingerz with creamy dill sauce at Stickyz, 4-layer pie with Spenda at Cafe Bossa Nova. Yeah, there's a reason I can't lose weight.
4. It's a random Saturday -- what's on your agenda? Saturdays are "big breakfast days" around here. My husband, Jason, cooks us all our favorites before we all head in a million directions. It is basketball season, so that means we head to Calvary Baptist on Cantrell to watch my 8-year-old son play Upwards basketball (Go Wonder Boys!). During soccer season, which started in March, we head to Murray Park or elsewhere in town to cheer on the Blue Lightening team. Nowadays, I'm on a half-marathon training schedule, so I'll head down to the Big Dam Bridge or Two Rivers Park with friends to get in a long run. In the evenings, you can typically find us with friends getting in some needed adult-only time either at an event around town or out to dinner! If we're really good, we'll make 4 PM mass at Our Lady of the Holy Souls, but we usually save mass for Sundays.
5. Finish this sentence: My perfect evening in Little Rock involves...having good friends and family over to our home in Foxcroft. We have an awesome contemporary home that sits on the backside of a cul-de-sac with a deck that looks out into the woods, and we love to sit around the fire pit, drink wine and LAUGH! If it were up to me, I'd have people over every night and entertain. Sometimes it's just adults, and other times it's adults and all the kiddos - controlled chaos!
Note to Natalie: How do we make this perfect meal progressive dinner happen ASAP?