Barbara Hall is that pink-haired lady you've seen around town...most likely followed by a screaming band of 4th grade fans.
1. Name, occupation, years in LR, neighborhood: Barbara Hall, Fourth Grade Teacher, 20-something years. We tell people we live in Capitol View because, technically, we can see the capitol from our deck. We actually live in a neighborhood called Plunkett's View. Not quite as glamorous.
2. What has been the best album to come out of LR in the past 10 years? Like most people who have responded, I can't choose just one. Two of my favorites are "Other People" by American Princes and "Beautiful and Bright" by Kevin Kerby+Battery. That Max Recordings knows what it's doing.
3. Who is the most interesting person you've met in LR? Probably the most interesting people I've met are nine years old. As for grown folks, I feel like Little Rock is brimming with them. One of my favorite interesting people is Jonathan Wilkins. Since I've known him, he's been my yard guy, a musician, a roofer, and a cook--all with equal success. It's been a while since I've seen him as I understand he's lost in the woods somewhere and living off the land.
Jonathan, if you're reading this, please come out of hiding and respond to my repeated requests to interview you -- the people want to hear from you! :)
4. If you could only eat at one restaurant for a month, what would it be? I would consider that some sort of a horrible curse, a punishment for untold sins. If I'm fantasizing, it'd be a meal from the long-gone Breadbasket Cafe. More practical, I'd have this meal all month: an amuse bouche of pimento cheese from Hillcrest Artisan Meats, some fried chicken from Gus's, the pecans from Capital Bar, coconut curry greens from the Root Cafe, Spicy Thai ice cream from Loblolly Creamery, and a Corpse Reviver from Big Orange.
5. Complete this sentence: I love being a teacher because: I love being a teacher because it allows me to do a million different things I enjoy. I get to read, be creative, learn, meet interesting people, go on field trips, make things, and laugh at fart jokes.
After sharing 25 years of her life with 98/365, Barbara Hall was officially married today. And 23/365 officiated. It's an ilovelittlerockAR.com lovefest!