Logan Wilcoxson has climbed his way to the top of one of one of Little Rock's most unique fitness centers.
1. Name, occupation, years in LR, neighborhood: Logan Wilcoxson, Owner & General Manager of Little Rock Climbing Center, 12 years in Little Rock, St. Charles.
2. What are some of your favorite outdoor activities in and around Little Rock? My favorite outdoor activities around Little Rock are running, biking, and of course climbing. The River Trail system is great for running and biking, but I also really enjoy the dirt trails we have here. I’ve run the Little Rock Marathon once, the half marathon twice, and road the Tour De Rock a couple of times. Burns Park and Pinnacle Mountain State Park also have great trails to run and ride. That’s where I train for trail races. And of course I love the rock climbing here. Pinnacle Mountain isn’t well known for its rock climbing, but it’s there if you know where to look.
3. If you could only eat at one local restaurant for an entire week, what would it be? It would have to be Rockn’ Tacos in the Marketplace off of Rodney Parham. I love their fish tacos and the side dishes like the fusion salad are just as good as the main dishes. I eat there every week. I would eat there every day if I could!
4. Finish this sentence: My job is awesome because...I get to meet so many different people and help them to achieve their goals. Whether it’s a 6-year-old kid trying to make it up their first climb, or a veteran climber who is training for their next big project or trip--seeing the sense of satisfaction and fulfillment that other people get when they accomplish goals really makes me feel like I doing something positive.
5. It's your day off -- what are you up to? Because I own the business I never really get a day off. Even if I am not in the gym, I am still working on the business in some way. If I am really getting away I will be at some quiet crag the doesn’t get cell phone reception enjoying a good day of climbing with a couple of friends. I am not going to tell you where it is because I don’t want anyone to find me!