Originally from Shreveport, Alyson Courtney has called Arkansas (and KATV Channel 7) home since 2003.
1. Name, occupation, years in LR, neighborhood: Alyson Courtney; member of the KATV Channel 7 News morning crew, 11 years in Little Rock, WLR.
2. Finish this sentence: My job is awesome because...My job is awesome first because I work for and with incredible people and second because I get to read the morning headlines, drink coffee, and chat with the state of Arkansas. Even with a 2 a.m. wake up call, it has to be one of the most fun and interesting jobs out there! I am blessed.
3. What is, hands down, your favorite meal you can only get in Little Rock? My favorite meal – that I can only get in Little Rock has to be the salsa (especially the zucchini), guacamole and margaritas from Local Lime. I love that it’s such a fun place where I can go on a date with my husband, out with girls or take the whole family on a spring day for lunch outside.
4. It's a Saturday -- what's on your agenda? Saturdays at the moment mean watching my 3rd grade daughter play basketball in the morning, hitting a fun lunch spot afterward then shopping at local boutiques like The Toggery and Whippersnappers for my girls and Buffie’s, Kristin Todd/Forsythe’s and Vivid Designs for me. Saturday nights are usually spent at home playing UNO or Tensie (our new favorite game we found at The Crown Shop) with my husband and girls, cooking spicy shrimp burgers from The Fresh Market and watching an on demand movie or reruns of Full House.
5. Finish this sentence: My perfect evening in Little Rock involves...just being at home with my family. On the rare occasion we get a sitter, a great evening in Little Rock involves dinner downtown with friends, taking in a production at The Rep or Robinson Center and then drinks at Capital Hotel Bar.