Wordsmith and fashion junkie Kathryn Heller lives the good life in Hillcrest.
1. Name, occupation, years in LR, neighborhood: Kathryn Heller, Public Relations Account Executive with the Sells Agency. I’ve been in Little Rock (then North Little Rock then Little Rock again) for seven years and in Hillcrest for the past three.
2. What have been your three favorite recent local style finds? Hmmm, good question. Since we’re just talking about recent finds I would say: 1) a Christmas present for my mom from Box Turtle - a gorgeous bright red, holiday-themed table runner; 2) A long necklace with a gold chain tassel from Steamroller Blues (a recent transplant from Jonesboro, my hometown) that I wear with everything; and 3) while not particularly fashionable, wool hiking socks from Gearhead Outfitters (another hometown transplant). They saved my feet on a recent, very cold and windy, trip to Mt. Magazine. However, I have to add that some of my all time favorite fashion and home items have been found in the antique malls throughout Little Rock and North Little Rock (including Mid-Towne and Crystal Hill antique malls).
3. What is, hands down, your favorite meal you can only get in Little Rock? Choosing a favorite meal in Little Rock is tough. Southern Gourmasian, Terry’s, South on Main and H.A.M. all come to mind. But, since I’m being forced, it would be the Mineirinho from Bossa Nova along with their cheese bread and a couple of Caipirinhas.
4. It's a Saturday -- what's on your agenda? An ideal Saturday would mean my husband was off work and our agenda would include walking to Rosalia’s for a breakfast empanada and coffee and then on to the Hillcrest Farmer’s Market. I’d follow that up with a swim at the Jim Daily Fitness Center and then I would read on my front porch for the rest of the afternoon. Meeting friends for drinks at either Ciao Baci or Big Orange would definitely be on that list too.
5. Finish this sentence: My perfect evening in Little Rock involves...my husband, warm weather, friends and our neighborhood.