Farm-girl-turned-city-girl Tiffany O'Brien gives Arkansas propaganda a whole new name...and look.
1. Name, occupation, years in LR, neighborhood: Tiffany Walt O'Brien; motion graphic artist, painter, designer, dog lover, dreamer, world traveler wannabe; grew up on my family's farm in Dumas, Ark., but I have lived in Little Rock for almost seven. years; I settled here after moving around a bit to "find my calling" after graduating college in 2007...I have lived all over town. but just recently bought a house in Midtown. I LOVE Midtown.
2. Your line The Eccentric Dose promotes Arkansas. What inspired you to create it? It started out small with one idea for a print and it just wouldn't leave me alone...I literally couldn't get it out of my head and, in turn, couldn't get it out of my conversations with my friends. They encouraged me to create The Eccentric Dose (it was either to make me stop talking about it and do it already or they truly wanted to see me succeed...). Honestly, I have the best friends in the world. I'm pretty sure it was the latter.
I love all things Arkansas and I find inspiration everywhere. I started out in a single store--Paper, Scissors, Little Rock, located in downtown Little Rock. Now, I'm in more than 11 stores across this great state including: The Shoppes on Woodlawn, Eggshells, By Invitation Only, Catering To You, Freckled Frog and Cornerstone pharmacies in Little Rock; The Gift Shop in Dumas and Vintage Crush in NWA. I sell apparel, custom paintings, post cards, framed prints, buttons, ornaments, tea towels and, on occasion, furniture. New Items are coming soon--find me on Facebook and Instagram to get the most current designs and Arkansas Swag!
3. What is, hands down, your favorite meal you can only get in Little Rock? Hands down? That's tough. I would have to say Loca Luna's Iron Skillet Vegetable Medley with Chicken...and a glass of Merlot...or three. Ah, it's heaven--and healthy (if you stick to just that one glass of merlot, that is).
4. It's a Saturday -- what's on your agenda? Saturdays around our house are sort of like that Whack-a-Mole game. Things always seem to pop up unexpectedly and we try our best to knock all of them out which, in turn, usually leaves us exhausted and in need of another weekend to recoup from the present one. But, on the weekends that we get to CHOOSE, I'm in my studio painting or building furniture, or my husband and I are entertaining at our house. On the occasion that we do stray away from the house, we just concentrate on trying not to embarrass ourselves in public--though we usually fail--but hey, at least we have fun.
5. Finish this sentence: My perfect evening in Little Rock involves...dinner with friends and playing board games, which usually gets really intense and has been known to cause injuries and the occasional rumor of divorce--haha! Sometimes we find our way to The Fountain or Ciao Baci in Hillcrest or downtown to see one of our favorite bands!