Missy Lipps mixes recycled and resuscitated materials, organic cottons and her vintage style to create feminine and timeless fashion for women.
1. Name, occupation, years in LR, neighborhood: Missy Lipps; Artist & Designer/Stylist; 16years in Little Rock; my favorite hoods are Hillcrest and Capital View.
2. What has been your three favorite local style finds? 1) State of Mind Clothing--Keith Carter is a super Arkansan; Wolfe Street Thrift--so many awesome finds each time I go; the locals on Bourbon & Boots, like Bang-Up Betty and Bella Vita Jewelry. Sorry...that's 4. (:
3. What do you do in Little Rock to treat yourself? I begin with food. Hands down, The Root. I love the library downtown and the Arkansas Arts Center, walking the Big Dam Bridge or hiking up Pinnacle Mountain. Catching a great production at The Rep is always a treat.
4. It's your day off. Tell me what's on your agenda. My first and most important stop is Boulevard Bread. It is just the best bakery in the city. The coffee, the people, the employees, the owners....ALL AWESOME. Second, hopefully an estate sale or five! Third, walk through Knoop Park. Maybe lunch with friends at The Root and chill for the rest of my day. That's ideal!
5. Where do you make sure to take out-of-town guests when they visit? Great daytime/morning eats...Boulevard, The Root, ZAZA. Super evening eats...Ciao Baci--Chef Jeffery Owen is amazing. South on Main and, of course, The Capital Hotel. To see and do, maybe ESSE Purse Museum, Heifer Village, a farmer's market, The Clinton Center, the River Market and River Rail. For great night life, I'd look first to White Water Tavern for music. Drinks at The Capital Hotel Bar or The Afterthought.
Missy's line of clothing is available at local retail outlets in Arkansas, Texas and Los Angeles. Follow her on Facebook to stay current with her latest events and creations.