Dapper businessman and stylist Jon Stone strives to make Little Rock the home of the best dressed men.
1. Name, occupation, years in LR, neighborhood: Jon Stone: Partner in The Independent: I grew up in Stuttgart, and moved to Little Rock 27 years ago, when the UofA was finished with me; after a bit of traveling the world, I finished up at UALR with a degree in Liberal Arts; my partner Keith James and I, along with our bichon frisse, Emma Claire, recently moved downtown to the River Market Tower.
2. What was the inspiration behind The Independent and why did you think Little Rock was the perfect place for it? The real light switch that has come on with the opening of The Independent has been that we wanted to and have created a non-threatening environment where today's fashionable fellas can have a place to chat about clothes and clothing. Our Bespoke program along with our unique sense of fashionable merchandise, and our master tailor services have allowed us to take menswear to the elevated expectations of our clients. Further, we are able to help The Independent shopper to build a wardrobe that is collectively designed by us and them.
Little Rock, and our Heights/ Hillcrest location, have proven what we thought: a neighborhood centric mens store has the type of cache that appeals to our clients who shop in similar boutiques in other cities.
3. You've probably dressed a lot of memorable men around town. Who is the most interesting person you've met through your job? I find all of my clients not only interesting, but inspiring!
4. What is, hands down, your favorite meal you can only get in Little Rock? I don't have a real "go to". But I do love a cheeseburger paired with the perfect Malbec at The Capital Hotel Bar.
5. What do you think is LR's best kept secret? Its fashionable style!
Note to Jon: Last night's venture to South on Main revealed that their meat pies (from the bar menu) paired with their Malbec is also pretty dang tasty.