When I first spoke with Jill Jennings, she was expecting her first baby. She is now the proud new mama of a baby girl. Of her thousands of deliveries, I expect this will be her most memorable.
1. Name, occupation, years in LR, neighborhood: Jill Kimmer Jennings, Obstetrician and Gynecologist in Little Rock at The Women's Clinic; I grew up in LR until age 14 (when I moved to Bentonville) and then moved to Conway to attend Hendrix College and then back to LR for medical school. I then lived in Oklahoma City for four years doing OB/GYN training and moved back to LR in 2011 and plan to stay put; We live in the West LR area and my clinic is in midtown, we do deliveries at St. Vincent and Baptist Health.
2. What have been your three favorite recent local shopping finds? I am expecting my first child--a girl--in January 2014 and I have had so much fun getting prepared. Of course we have shopped the typical places like Babies "R" Us and Target, but some more fun things have come from Pickles and Ice Cream, Kids Furniture, and The Toggery. I am quickly learning that girls are expensive!!
3. What is, hands down, your favorite meal you can only get in Little Rock? In my first trimester I craved very unhealthy food like hot dogs and chili. I preferred comfort food places during that time and tried to stay healthy by eating places like The Root downtown and YaYa’s in West Little Rock. I also always enjoy a US Pizza salad. My second trimester my craving was mostly for smoothies from Tropical Smoothie or Icee’s - the good old fashion kind that come in a red and blue cup
4. Who is the most interesting person you’ve met in Little Rock? Robert Newcomb is one of the most interesting people I know in Little Rock. I have known him most of my life through my friendship with his daughter. He is a practicing attorney in town and plays Santa during the Christmas season. He frequents many charity events in town during the holidays. He is very smart and well traveled and always has an interesting story.
4. Finish this sentence: My perfect evening in Little Rock involves...dinner with friends followed by drinks and dessert at a laid back bar like the Capital Hotel bar or Ciao Baci (when I am not pregnant, of course). For now, I just go heavy on the dessert! :)