Don't let the smug on-stage (and sometimes off) demeanor of Little Rock's favorite troubadour, Kevin Kerby, fool you. This father of two has a heart of gold and a love for Little Rock the size of Texas.
1. Name, occupation, years in LR, neighborhood: Kevin Kerby; song and dance man; 25 years; Hillcrest (all but one of those years).
2. You've become a bit of the go-to guy for good local music (not a bad moniker for a Texan). What do you think has been the best album to come out of LR? A trick answer to a trick question: I don't think the best album to come out of little rock has been made yet. That being said, il libretina came very close. Brother Andy is awesome, and Adam Faucett is the current guy to beat.
3. What is, hands down, your favorite meal you can only get in Little Rock? Blackened blue burger at Hillcrest Artisan Meats (HAM). Only on Fridays, and only when we don't run out. I've only had one.
4. It's Saturday. Tell me what's on your agenda. Probably go to the White Water Tavern, hug the bartenders, talk philosophy with Matt White, compare T-shirts with Will Boyd, and try to stay out until I'm sure my wife is asleep.
5. What do you think is LR's best kept secret? I can't tell you. Wink.