Man about town Chris Marsh loves a good time--and he's willing to help host it. Stylish and altruistic, Chris enjoys Little Rock's bounty and wants other young professionals to thrive in our community.
1. Name, occupation, years in LR, neighborhood: Chris Marsh, Account Executive - Entergy Arkansas, 7 years in LR, Hillcrest (via McCrory, Arkansas).
2. You're very active in the community. What are some of your favorite annual events? Anything Leadership Greater Little Rock Alumni related. They're doing some rockin' things with Brady Elementary. The UAMS Consortium Board's Julep Cup Jaunt is a fantastic event that supports a great cause. The venue has unparalleled views of the downtown skyline. Get your tickets soon--I'm co-chairing the event in May.
3. Where do you make sure to take out-of-town guests when they visit? I love the new life and all that's happening along the Creative Corridor. From the vintage market at Bernice Garden in SOMA to church at Argenta United Methodist Church, it feels like a community reborn. Additionally, shops along Kavanaugh in Hillcrest and the Heights including Bella Boutique and a visit with the guys at The Independent are on my "have to do list" with out-of-town guests.
I think another interesting piece of Little Rock is the caliber of leading interior designers that have repositioned Riverdale as a design destination. From the precise, sophisticated dreams of Kevin Walsh and the team at Bear Hill to John Gibson's modern approach to an UrbanPad, Riverdale is setting the bar high.
And I would be remiss not to take visitors to watch the lights at the 3 bridges downtown. What an awesome addition to our city. Grab a Moscow Mule at the Capital Bar then head head across the Main Street bridge for a fantastic river view.
4. It's Sunday. Tell me what's on your agenda. Waking up to French pressed WestRock Coffee, the NY Times and a view of Allsopp Park is how I start my Sundays. Then I'm off to church at Argenta UMC, brunch at Bossa Nova (choosing their special of the day) and then I hit the gym with the welcoming trainers at ClubHaus. In the summer, I'll definitely slip down to Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs until the sun goes down. Sunday Funday!!
5. How would you describe LR to someone who has never been here? Little Rock is exactly what you make of it--what you Create! If you want to engage in a community, there's an outlet in Little Rock for your talent. Get your hands dirty. Read to a child with AR Kids Read, call Our House and see what their need is at the moment, check out the Arkansas Art Center (I'm taking a class there in the spring), Joy Secuban is always working on an epic exhibit at the Clinton Center, explore the trails and riverfront...the possibilities are endless in Little Rock.